Part of Sycamore Wealth’s Financial Planning service is to monitor and review your holdings and where appropriate make recommendations to change or rebalance the holdings to ensure that the portfolio continues to best meet your needs in line with your attitude to risk.
With this in mind, Sycamore Wealth has partnered with Old Mutual Wealth (OMW) to provide a Discretionary Managed Portfolio Service, run by OMW. This service allows you to give OMW the authority to actively manage your fund portfolio in your investments. This provides a regular re-balancing and switching facility, always in line with your personal ‘attitude to risk’, for which there is no charge by Sycamore Wealth.
- Wealth Select service only involves the switching of your funds, no other changes to your investments will be made.
- The features and benefits of your investment product (be it an ISA, an Investment Account or a Pension) remain unchanged.
- There are no initial or additional charges from Sycamore Wealth associated with the change in funds within your Portfolio.
- Sycamore Wealth will always remain your Financial Advisers and are your first point of contact.
- You can at any point, at no cost, switch the fund management back to an arrangement where funds are ‘self-selected’.
There are various ‘target risk’ levels within the Managed Portfolios, from 3 (where the investment risk level is fairly low) to 10. Once you are invested in the relevant portfolio, you do not need to be involved in choosing and/or changing funds on a regular basis. Instead, you will be benefitting from the investment expertise of a strong, experienced and dedicated team of investment professionals at Old Mutual who constantly monitor the funds within the portfolio to make sure they are meeting their – and your – objectives, and will make any adjustments or fund switches as necessary, without charge.
Sycamore Wealth will then provide you with reports and valuations every quarter, to keep you up-to-date with the performance of your investments and tell you about any changes that have been made to the mix of funds within your portfolio.
In summary, you will therefore benefit from four significant investment features, namely:
- Constant Active Management by Investment Experts
- High Quality Funds
- Tax Efficiency
- Value for Money, given the preferential rates Old Mutual has negotiated with Fund Managers (through economies of scale) across the spectrum of Asset Management Providers.
Depending on the risk level of the Portfolio you choose at outset, any changes to funds will mean that your portfolio as a whole will remain broadly within your risk profile. Of course, you are at liberty at any time to have a change of heart and the arrangement does not preclude you from having a change of attitude to risk. This could be down to the markets, or personal circumstances. If your risk profile were to change, then we can easily switch to a different type of portfolio to match your new profile.
In essence, we aim to produce consistent average annual returns in accordance with your predefined risk mandate and consequential performance target. Typically, in a ‘lower risk’ portfolio that target would be 5% plus per annum, net of costs.
The Wealth Select fund range is a carefully chosen and fully researched range of funds, bringing together some of the industry’s leading fund managers and best known brands – across all the major asset classes, at an extremely competitive cost. Old Mutual has partnered with 13 Fund Groups who have a wide range of leading Fund Managers. These Fund groups, all of whom are well-recognised as high quality investment houses, offer a broad range of investment strategies and are home to come of the UK’s best Fund Managers. By working with a limited group of partners, Old Mutual have been able to leverage considerable buying power to drive down the costs for our clients, without compromising on quality