You can be assured that we will treat all complaints very seriously and will conduct a full review of the issue(s) raised.
We regard a complaint as being:
In relation to the firm’s non-MiFID business:
Any oral or written expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, from, or on behalf of, a person about the provision of, or failure to provide, a financial service, which:
- alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience; and
- relates to an activity of our firm, or of any other firm with whom we have some connection in marketing or providing financial services or products, which comes under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service’.
We will provide a copy of this document on request and when acknowledging a complaint. There will be no charge for this.
On receipt of a complaint, we will pass the details onto Grant Benjamin (Managing Partner) or Jonathan Lyons (Head of Administration), who will be responsible for ensuring that any complaint will be dealt with promptly and fairly.
A complaint can be made via any reasonable means, including letter, telephone, email, and in person.
No charge will be made for handling a complaint from an eligible complainant.
Making a Complaint
We do not make a charge for filing a complaint. If you wish to make a complaint, our contact details are: Sycamore Wealth LLP – Churchill House, 120 Bunns Lane, Mill Hill, London NW7 2AS, Telephone 020 3114 2112 and Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints resolved by close of the third business day after receipt
Where we consider your complaint to have been fully resolved by the close of the third business day following the day it is received, we will promptly issue our ‘Summary Resolution Communication’
Our ‘Summary Resolution Communication’ will:
- be fair, clear and not misleading;
- refer to the fact that you have made a complaint and that we consider the complaint to have been resolved;
- If relevant, include any o er of remedial action or the appropriate level of redress (or both).
- Provide you with details of your right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombusdman Service (FOS) if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint.
The FOS can be contacted at The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR and by calling 0800 023 4567.
Further information is available on the Ombudsman’s website below: Web: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
If you are not satis ed with our decision, you will have the right to refer the matter onto the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within 6 months from the date of our ‘Summary Resolution Communication’ or you may lose that right. Details of this right will be provided.
We will also con rm whether or not we consent to the Financial Ombudsman Service considering a complaint if it becomes apparent that the complaint has been made or referred outside the time limits specified under FCA rules. Under these rules the ombudsman service cannot normally look at a complaint if it is referred more than 6 months after our summary resolution communication or final response is issued, or 6 years from when the act complained of happened and 3 years from when a complainant should reasonably have been aware of a problem.
Acknowledging your Complaint
If your complaint cannot be resolved by the close of the third business day following the day it is received, we will promptly send you a written acknowledgement of your complaint to confirm it has been received and we are dealing with it.
If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgement will set out our understanding of your complaint.
If we have reasonable grounds to be satisfied that another firm may be solely or jointly responsible for the allegation(s) made, we will promptly forward the complaint, or the relevant part of it, to that firm. We will write to you to con rm our actions and provide contact details of the firm concerned.
Investigating your Complaint
Your complaint will be investigated by somebody who is competent and as far as is possible by an individual who is unconnected to the subject of your complaint. Your complaint will be investigated diligently and will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly.
We may ask you to submit copies of documentation and may request further information from you to assist us with our investigation. We will take into account any documents and/or information you may provide in relation to your complaint.
Keeping you Informed
If your complaint cannot be resolved by the close of the third business day following the day it is received, we will ensure that you are kept informed of progress with regards to the investigation into your complaint.
Any progress updates will include:
- an explanation why we are not in a position to make a nal response and indicate when we expect to be able to provide one;
- what further information / documents we require to resolve your complaint; and
- when you may expect to receive a further update / our Final Response letter.
We will work towards completing our investigation into your complaint within eight weeks of its receipt.
We will undertake a thorough investigation of your complaint which may take a little time. However in the event that we have been unable to conclude our enquiries within the eight week period, we will write to you and provide an explanation why we are not in a position to make a final response and indicate when we expect to be able to provide one.
If we have been unable to conclude our enquiries within the eight-week period, we will provide you with details of your right to refer the complaint to the Financialm Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you are dissatis ed with the progress of our review, their contact details, website address and refer you to the availability of further information on the FOS website.
We will also confirm whether or not we consent to the FOS considering a complaint if it becomes apparent that the complaint has been made or referred outside the time limits specified under FCA rules.
Resolving your Complaint
When we have finalised our investigation into your complaint, we will issue our Final Response letter.
If a complaint is resolved by the close of the third business day following the day it is received a final response letter will not be issued.
Our Final Response letter will be:
- fair, clear and not misleading;
- provide details of our investigation and decision; and
- if relevant, include any o er of remedial action or the appropriate level of redress (or both).If you are not satis ed with our decision, you will have the right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within 6 months from the date of our Final Response Letter or you may lose that right. Details of this right and an explanatory leaflet will be provided.
You can be assured that we treat all complaints very seriously and will conduct a full review of the issue(s) raised.